Thursday, January 21, 2010

I just smile and wave..

Please play the song below and keep it on replay while reading this post. Trust me, it works better.



So it's been a while since I posted. Reason being is not because I ran out of things to rant about, but instead, I have so much things to rant about, I don't know which one is worth blogging about.

This post isn't going to be a full rant, though. It's going to be a part "shoutout" post.

The song that's currently playing is titled Smile and Wave by Huey ft. Dorrough. If you listen to the lyrics closely, they're talking about their success (like all other artists don't lol). Well out of all these money and success songs, this one really caught my attention, as they "smile and wave like the president."

Parts of the lyrics in the chorus is what inspires me the most:
"Said I'll never make it out, now I'm on this paper route. Money over everything, tell me what they talkin' 'bout. I just smile and wave...."

One thing that people sometimes don't realize is that there will always be people that will hate on you no matter what. It's the truth, you cannot please everybody, even if you're the nicest person on this planet. To be honest, I don't mind people that hate. As naive as it sounds, people like these actually motivate you to do better in life.

Now there are people who can't afford to have anybody hating on them because it affects their judgment. Not me though. As I stated on my previous post, I like proving people wrong. I think this is pretty self-explanatory.

I hope people don't think that I'm all about the money. What I'm all about is the SUCCESS. What do I define as success? Well, I'll elaborate on that later on.

When I took 2 years off after high school to work, a lot of people said "You're wasting time" or "You're not going to go anywhere" or "See? Money will tempt you and you're not going to want to go to college." Well these assumptions were obviously false. What sucks the most is that majority of people who said these are family and close family friends.

What these people didn't realize are the following:
  1. I took that position after high school because it was a pretty decent job. I worked in the corporate world as a travel consultant. Not only did it pay me decently, it also gave me experience that I need in the future. It wasn't like I was flipping burgers and making chicken snack wraps..
  2. Like most high school grads, I was undecided on what program to take in college at that time. I'm sorry but I'm not committing myself in a program just because mommy and daddy said so.
  3. 2 years later, I have worked in companies that are reputable, met and made connections with managers, VPs, and CEOs, and still keeping in touch. In this world, who you know will help you significantly. Trust me on this one. Now I didn't meet Wall Street executives or anything, but you just don't know who these people you met are going to be.

Up to this date, there are still people who annoy me, telling me that I should have done this and that. One thing I'll say: STFU, Relax, and just watch me do my show.

To those people who support me, I'd like to call them my "investors." Pretty much self-explanatory. You invest in a start-up company, while their stock prices are low, company goes BOOM, next thing you know it's a multi-billion dollar company and your investments have paid off. A LOT. I will not boast, nor will I brag about my achievements. But one thing I'll say, I have the passion and the drive to be SUCCESSFUL, so hopefully, these investors investing in me will have an astounding return (and trust me, if you're one of my investors, you WILL have a decent return. What do I define as "decent?" Well, you'll find out.).

I'd like to thank my close friends and family, specially my sister, who's been there supporting me since I was in diapers. Despite the thousands and thousands of kilometers between us, her support makes it seem like she's just next door. I don't know what else to say, she's been there throughout the way. When I'm done school, don't worry, I GOT YOU.

Again, this post wasn't meant for bragging in any way. I just like to explain my unexplained side as to why I chose to do what I did with regards to my education.

So one day, I hope I'll be VIP poppin' errday, cars lined up like we lined up to race, said I'll never make it out, now I'm on this paper route. Money over everything, tell me what they talkin' 'bout. I JUST SMILE AND WAVE..

But then again, who cares? I have a Million Opinions, and this is just one of 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment