Monday, September 14, 2009

Man I love college..

So, it's been far too long since I updated this blog. Well, it's not because I'm being lazy. It's because I don't know what to blog about that would interest t3h f0LL0w3rzz..


We're now 2 weeks into September (which reminds me, fall is almost here), which means it's my 2nd week in COLLEGE. Yes, that's right. I'm in college. After working almost 2 years as a Travel Consultant, I'm back in school to get my post-secondary education, and get onto my career.

So, a lot of peeps have been asking "so how do you like college?"

Well, to sum up my answer (because I can go on forever), IT'S FUCKING AWESOME!

Ever heard of that song I Love College by Asher Roth? Well it's pretty much what it is, except I'm on the goal of trying to go for a scholarship. That means partying up WHILE still working hard.

I don't know how many times I heard the saying "work now, play later" but it's getting kind of annoying. Fine, it applies to some certain aspects in life, but to apply it EVERY DAY to school, to me, is just extra.

The way I see school is, you spend your time properly in campus (meaning paying attention to your prof, actually doing your work, etc.) is the key to success.

I'm not a big fan of HOMEWORK. In my opinion, homework is unnecessary work given by professors to piss us off.

For me, the point of going to school is to LEARN, not memorize. It is TRAINING (be it 2, 3, 4, or 5 years) to prepare us for our careers. This is not high school anymore. Your boss is not going to call you into the boardroom and tell you "Ok, so I will give you a homework, and it's due tomorrow."

Maybe you will be assigned your own project (be it research, development, both, etc.). This is where INITIATIVE comes in.

Seriously, tell me, why would I want to take my work home if I spend 8-9 hours at my workplace, instead of bonding with my kids and making love to my wife, when I can WORK HARD, where I'm supposed to WORK?

Back on the College tip, here's something I want to leave you fuckers with:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qYx7YG0RsFY


But then again, who cares. I have a Million Opinions, and this is just one 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment